The Arizona Choral Arts Association is a non-profit, educational, community-based organization comprised of choral organizations dedicated to the art of choral singing, who, as members, are served through performing for community choral events, a common web site, representation at public events, workshops and other activities to support choral music throughout Arizona. ACAA was developed as an outgrowth of the Southern Arizona Women’s Chorus (SAWC) when it became apparent SAWC and other choral arts organizations would benefit from improving communications, both among themselves and with the public.
Our vision is to act as a resource and support to community chorus groups with diverse backgrounds, experience, and capabilities. Through community promotion, shared resources, and community choral events the Arizona Choral Arts Association (ACAA) strives to make the choral arts community in Southern AZ the premier destination for choral music in the state of Arizona.
Our mission is to provide benefit and education to the diverse southern Arizona community and beyond through choral performances, collaborations with local and national artists and to commission new music pieces. ACAA provides business development to grow the diversity and health of the choral community’s emerging choirs not yet established under their own 501(C)3.
We are welcoming NEW choruses regularly. What we can provide for you:
ACAA is a member of Chorus America, Society of Nonprofits, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, Arizona Gives.
- a link to your (the member chorus) website,
- calendar information,
- access to members only page with choral conductor’s directory and other pertinent information,
- news and updates on choral events in Tucson and vicinity
- quarterly meetings of the conductors
- invitation to special events put on for the sake of ACAA choruses and the community e.g. webinars,workshops, panel discussions
- joint choral events for ACAA member chorus participation (Tucson “Big Sing”, “All One Voice” concert event in the spring, and winter concert)
- representation at the annual Book Festival (when in person) and other similar events
- Email blast